Established in 1586, the Münzthal glassworks were designated the Royal Glassworks by letters patent from King Louis XV in 1767, and became known as Saint-Louis. In 1781, experts at Saint-Louis discovered the secret formula of crystal, a great first for continental Europe. Over the centuries, the Manufacture has forged emblems from its creations for the world’s most illustrious courts. It is thanks to its hereditary ability to adapt and constantly innovate that Saint-Louis has skillfully sidestepped any risk of being engulfed by fashion or trends. In 1995, Saint-Louis became part of the Hermès Group, the renown of this prestigious house has enhanced by a new creative impetus.
“Over the centuries, Saint-Louis has forged emblems from its creations for the world’s most illustrious courts.”